|Livejournal: A reflection on years past...
||[May. 28th, 2014|12:26 pm]
It must have been ages since I've last visited Livejournal. And yet it probably one of my more influential periods in my life. Yes, Livejournal has seen it all (well, not all). Some of the highlights I can still remember are:
- I met my previous girlfriend through Livejournal, quite randomly too; that relationship lasted nearly five years;
- I hosted some silly "guess that villain" and similar competitions. No prizes, just glory, but it was fun holding; :)
- Livejournal also proved an interesting place for roleplaying, though probably not the most efficient;
- I've met a lot of interesting new people over the years, also some interesting flirts - some which I did not recognize, and some which did not recognize mine;
- those end of year surveys...
That being said, it dwindled a bit over time... other forms of communication arose, life became busy in different ways, Facebook and Twitter became bigger as social media platforms... Livejournal gradually moved out of my daily routine and to the background. The fact that more and more people were leaving their journals behind isn't helping either of course. And I have to admit I am not too charmed with some of the changes made by the new management in relation to showing banners and free features... but alas.
What about you? What are your most memorable experiences?